VNA LifeStages: Home is where the care is.
Ensuring compassionate, quality care for aging loved ones in their own homes.
VNA LifeStages, an affiliate of Mercy, is the In-Home Care solution that offers real peace of mind for everyone involved – seniors, their families, and the medical professionals providing treatment. We offer an ideal "aging-in-place" solution customized for each individual.
All at a cost that is less than you would pay for the same services at an Assisted Living facility.
Why VNA LifeStages?
- When seniors are no longer able to take care of themselves, often their biggest fear is losing their independence.
- With VNA LifeStages, they can stay at home and be cared for by somebody that can make a real difference in their quality of life.
- Studies have shown that when people have in-home caregivers for a minimum of 20 hours a week, they can safely remain at home on average 7 years longer than those without in-home care.
Companionship and Personal Care
Our care plans are as unique as each individual client, making life
easier and safer with all the support you and your loved ones need.
- Preparing light meals
- Organizing and light cleaning
- Sharing a cup of tea and a chat
- Playing a board game or cards
- Safely walking outdoors
- Exploring the Internet
- Medical or dental appointments
- Release from hospital or day surgeries
- Eye doctor appointments
- Church services, social meetings
- Personal appointments, such as a haircut or the neighborhood bridge game
- Day trips to visit family or the local library, museum or art gallery
- Errands to the grocery store, pharmacy, or post office
- A meal out at a local restaurant or cafe
Geriatric Care Management: solutions for staying
independent at home
VNA LifeStages' Geriatric Care Managers help families navigate the challenges of aging with a single point of contact, backed by an expert team.
- All of our Care Managers are nurses with many years of long term care experience. They work with clients and their families to develop and oversee a plan of care that addresses both their desires and their needs, and may include coordination with the primary care physician if necessary.
- As the elder's needs change, the Care Manager is right there with the family, guiding them through the challenges of long term care and advocating for them within the health care community.
- All parties benefit from the peace of mind of knowing there is one key person managing their loved one's care, no matter what the situation.
Stringent Caregiver qualifications, for integrity you can trust
- All of our Caregivers are bonded and insured, and undergo the same level of thorough background checks as for a Mercy surgeon.
- Caregivers are also vetted for their sensitivity, compassion and understanding of serious elder conditions.
- Our Managers and Caregivers are highly trained for care of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Meet Ann Russell, one of our committed caregivers
"LifeStages allowed me to grant my Mom's wish to remain at home with family through the toughest of times. Not only were they able and willing but also caring and respectful. Their attentiveness toward the whole family made all the difference."
A LifeStages Client
Is VNA LifeStages right for you and your family?
Many times, receiving care at home is the elder’s and the family’s first choice, and it is
often the most economical option, too. For further information, download our pdf:
Costs Comparison for Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities and Personal Care at Home.
Call us! (207) 400-8763 or (800) 757-3326.
Learn more about VNA LifeStages and our Companionship, Personal Care and
Geriatric Care Management services.
Not sure how to select the best In-Home Care Provider for your loved one?
Please download our Top Ten Questions To Ask When Choosing A Home Care Provider.
Only from Mercy.
LifeStages is a program of VNA Home Health Hospice, an affiliate of Mercy Health System of Maine. From the compassionate care and dedication of the LifeStages program to state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical procedures within a wide spectrum of health care services, Mercy offers the region some of the best choices – and the best value – in health care today.